Saturday, August 11, 2012

Sharing Your Lucid Dreaming Interest With Others

Do you share your practice or interest in lucid dreaming with your family and friends?  If no, why not.

As much as I'd like to share the "gospel" of lucid dreaming, it's one of those things I think is better to keep to myself.  Only one family member and a couple people online know about this.

There are two main reasons why I hesitate to tell anyone about this:

1.   People already think I'm kind of weird.  All I need is to give people another reason to misjudge me.

2.  I grew up Christian and Christian folk tend to automatically associate lucid dreaming with Astral projection and communing with spirits.  Although, I don't personally have desires to AP or raise energy or anything like that,  I can understand how one may think that exploring lucid dreaming could open the door to occult practices that go against biblical teachings.

I think lucid dreaming is the coolest thing and I wish I had real people to share LD stories with.  But I guess that's what the lucid dreaming forums are for, huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment