Monday, November 12, 2012

A Couple Books on Lucid Dreaming I Have

You may have noticed that there isn't a wide selection of books on lucid dreaming.

The lucid dreaming "bible" seems to be Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen Laberge.  I've had this book for a couple months and I've been reading it a little at a time. LaBerge is among the first to conduct extensive scientific research proving that the mind is capable of becoming aware in dreams. 

I would recommend this book to those who are total beginners who know very little about lucid dreaming and/or those who need evidence before they entertain the thought that lucid dreaming is possible. 

I'm having a hard time getting through LaBerge's book because I feel like I already know the information he's sharing.  If you've received your lucid dreaming education from the internet forums, reading his book may feel redundant.  I'm not saying it's a worthless book at all, but the material is present on the discussion boards in one form or another because many of the members have read the book.

The book I loved is Robert Waggoner's Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self.  Waggoner delivers a more spiritual slant on the topic, which I liked a lot.  I find it very disheartening that many, if not most, lucid dreamers at the forums just see dreams as a simple manifestation of one's thoughts and fears and deny the possibility of the dream world connecting us to something greater.  I find many of them to be know-it-all atheists, which is why I don't really spend much time at the lucid dreaming forums anymore.  But anyway, I was very pleased to read this book because Waggoner went beyond the technical and scientific.  It really feeds those of us who think that there is more to dreaming.

In this book, Waggoner covers the topics such as psychic phenomena, healing and shared dreaming.  I read this book twice.  The first time around my mind was pretty much blown.  Waggoner shares his personal lucid dreaming experiences and gives the reader ideas of lucid dreaming tasks to try.  This book is not a lucid dreaming how-to, but  it covers some techniques at the end.

I think I'm going to read some of Robert Moss' books next.  Based on the reviews, it's right up my alley.

Here's a listing of some more lucid dreaming books:  Lucid Dreaming Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment