Thursday, August 9, 2012

WILD Complications. Eyes Wide Shut (Open)!

WILD Lucid Dream Complications.  Eyes Wide Shut (Open)!






I want to share something annoying that has happened to me a few times.  I wake up during WILD, feel the sleep paralysis and coast through as it takes it course.  When the sensation subsides I do my nose-pinch reality check and yes I'm dreaming.  It should be smooth sailing from there--lucid dream here I come!

However, what I see is the actual room I'm sleeping in.  I can feel myself sitting up in my 'dream body' but I can't get up and go anywhere.  Why?  Because my (real) eyes are open and I'm looking at my room.   I'm thinking that maybe the room is a dreamscene and in my semi-confused state, I don't think to close my physical eyes.

I've actually ruined a WILD once because when I opened my eyes in the actual dream, I took a few seconds to try to figure out if I was looking at my physical quarters or if it was the dream environment.  In the time it took for me to determine this, I was booted.



No comments:

Post a Comment