Monday, August 13, 2012

How I Stabilize and Maintain My Lucid Dreams

How I Stabilize and Maintain My Lucid Dreams

I'm still a rookie at this but I think I've learned a couple things about what is going to best work for me when it comes to stabilizing my lucid dreams.

I've seen it advised that upon recognizing and entering a lucid dream one should take those first seconds to stop and stabilize or deepen the dream by rubbing hands together, crawling, looking at the detail of the hands.

For me, those first few seconds are very fragile and taking time to stop is lucid dream death.

I'm finding that I have to GO!  My most successful lucid dreams have occurred when I've immediately run around to rub everything, quickly thought of a goal and just kept moving.   After a while I can relax and experience the dream with less effort, but stopping in those first few seconds seems to ruin it for me. 

In one lucid dream, I woke in some kind of office and I immediately asked the office manager who she was.  She returned "I should ask who you are."  And in the time that I was trying to think of a response or what I should do next it was over. 

So if you find yourself being kicked out of a lucid dream when you're trying to stabilize, maybe you should try something different.  Just GO!  That may work better for you.

Something I've seen mentioned that has worked once for me is to grab onto something when the dream starts to collapse.  I remember in one dream I was outside a shopping mall.  The dream started to fade and I grabbed on tight to one of the door handles.  I did wake up but I kept my eyes closed and immediately fell back asleep and was able to reenter the dream. 




No comments:

Post a Comment