Monday, August 13, 2012

The Annoying False Awakening Dreams

The Annoying False Awakening Dreams

False awakenings are very realistic dreams in which someone dreams that they wake up and arise from where they are sleeping.

There are three reasons why the false awakening can be such a pain:

  1. If the dreamer does not recognize he is dreaming, he could spend a long time preparing for his day all for naught.
  2. If the dreamer does not recognize she is dreaming, she will waste a lot of time doing things, thinking she's awake, instead of taking advantage of the lucid dream she's in
  3. The dreamer can enter a loop of false awakenings, constantly waking up in a dream room when he wants to wake up for real.

I didn't realize what a nuisance the false awakening could be until it happened to me.  I 'woke up', brushed my teeth, picked out my clothes, and when I went to my upstairs bathroom to take a shower I flipped the switch but the light wouldn't turn on.  This caused me to wonder if I was dreaming and did my go-to nose pinch test.  Yep dreaming.

I was so annoyed!  I was glad to be lucid dreaming, but I was pissed that I had spent all that time doing my morning routine when I could have been really experiencing the lucid dream.

It is suggested that lucid dreamers always reality check upon waking to make sure you are really awake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment