Sunday, August 5, 2012

Lucid Dreaming Matters: The Introduction



Greetings all.  My name is Ginger and about 3 months ago I developed a serious interest in lucid dreaming.  I had heard of lucid dreaming before, but only in the context of doing so to halt recurring nightmares.  I had no idea that people 'practiced' this or even that there was any reason to lucid dream.  In other words, I was totally ignorant about the topic.

I think I was surfing for information about dream interpretation when I came across one of the popular lucid dreaming forums.  I was hooked and amazed reading through all the user experiences and learning for the first time what lucid dreaming is all about. 

I had my first lucid dream about 2 days after hanging around the forums.  I count myself lucky because I know that some wait for months and sometimes years to have their first lucid dream.  I can't say that I could exhibit the same determination and persistence. 

Since my very first lucid dream, I've had about 9 more.  Most of them don't really count because they've been 5 second "enter-exit" failures, but half of them were long enough to be noteworthy.

Probably to the chagrin of many lucid dreamers, I lean toward the spiritual and 'beyond dreaming' end of the spectrum.  I believe that dreams can be significant and reveal things that we are not aware  of consciously.   Therefore, I do believe in precognition, deja vu, encountering the deceased, etc....pretty much most the things discussed in the "Beyond Dreaming" sections at the most popular lucid dreaming forums.   I don't think that ALL dreams necessarily have special meaning, but I do believe that the aforementioned phenomena are possible--especially in dreams.

Keeping the previous paragraph in mind, it should be of no surprise that lucid goals for me may include experiments like accessing lottery numbers, re-learning skills I've lost,  meeting my future mate, having a conversation with my deceased grandmother and extreme time dilation.  It's kind of funny how many want to fly in their first lucid dream.  I have little desire to do that... I hate the feeling of my stomach dropping!

The purpose of this blog is to share LD information, resources and personal thoughts.  I also hope this will help  to keep my mind focused on lucid dreaming as I try to improve my skills.  I would like to get to the point where I can enter a lucid dream at will (don't we all?) and achieve whatever goals I set forth to complete.




No comments:

Post a Comment